Sunday, November 6, 2011

Book Review: Red Nails by Robert E. Howard


Red Nails by Robert E. Howard



This is a review of the Kindle version.

I understand that this book was written in the 1930s and it shamelessly advocates male chauvinism. While this might have (and was probably overlooked) in those times, such a view is highly inappropriate for the current times. In addition, the book is also politically incorrect.

As for the story, I stopped after reading about 20 pages. From what I read, Conan pursues a lady warrior and they both encounter a monster. After that, I stopped as I was highly amused and put off by the amount of male chauvinism on display.


I cannot recommend this book to anyone except historians and readers who watched the Conan movies and are interested in the original book that “inspired” these movies.

Conan the Barbarian image poster
Jason Momoa in Conan the Barbarian

If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe to this blog by clicking here.

Image Source: IMDB 

You might also like:

4 comments: